So GOSF (Google Online Shopping Festival) is just a day away.
GOSF was started in 2012 in India on lines of Cyber Monday.
This is how GOSF has grown through the years:
- Held on 12/12/12
- Partnered 90 e commerce websites
- Received bad feedback
- Held between December 11th and 13th and got extended to 14th December
- Partnered with 250+ e commerce websites
- According to Google, partners had sold out stock within 15 hours of going live
- Attracted 2 million users
- Performed extremely well for participating companies (Example: Tata Value Homes sold more than 50 apartments in 4 days!)
- Will be held from December 10th to December 12th (3 days)
- 450 companies participating
Here are a few ways by which you can make most of this as a shopper:
1) Make a list:
One cannot underestimate the usefulness of making a list. Create a list of products you want to buy. This will ensure you only focus on buying the products you need and avoid impulsive purchases.
2) Allocate a budget:
Cannot get simpler! Allocate a budget and you won’t over spend!
You must be patient enough to browse through all the deals being offered. Getting a really good deal is like finding out a needle in a haystack. So allocate a couple of hours for only discovering the appropriate deal.
4) Check out the Rs 299 section:
Branded products priced between Rs 600 and Rs 1500 will be sold for Rs 299. Products will be delivered free of charge and COD option will also be available.
5) Be Aware:
Don’t get drowned out by all the noise surrounding the GOSF. Keep your eyes and ears open for really good deals that may not get featured in GOSF. Some smart companies might come out with sudden and lucrative offers during this period.
6) Shop between 8 am to 10 am & 5 pm to 8 pm:
This is just a hunch. Since many people would be travelling around this time, the chances of encountering website down/server down issues would be less!
So Happy Shopping! 🙂